Carrots are toothsome and medicinal vegetable, it’s in various colours like; white, yellow, orange, purple and red however, the orange carrot is the one we are familiar with around here. Carrots have great health benefits, due to its rich beta carotene and fibre content. The carotene is responsible for the bright orange colour of orange carrots. Aside this, carrots are really important to our health.
1. CARROTS IMPROVE THE SKIN: Eating carrots helps to keep a vibrant and healthy skin, as they are loaded with antioxidant and vitamin C. You can make a quick mask for beauty therapy by grating a carrot and mixing it with honey. Apply it on the face, leave for 15mins and wash off. Regular use of carrots help in preventing wrinkles, signs of aging skin tone and pigmentation.
2. IT PROMOTES HAIR GROWTH : Carrots fight hair loss, as they offer vital vitamins to your hair, making it linger, thicker and stronger.
3. IT LOWERS CANCER RISK: Recent studies reveled that carrots are capable of reducing the incidence of cancers of the prostate, breast, and lungs. The anti-cancer effect can be attributed to the presence of beta carotene, falcorinol and falcarindiol which possess great antioxidant properties and help to clean up free radicals.
4. IMPROVES VISION : Apparently, vitamin A deficiency leads to night blindness. Fortuitously, one carrot provides double of the needed vitamin A in an adult to enhance vision.
5. BOOSTS ORAL HEALTH : One thing carrot is generally known for is that it’s crunchy. Just like a toothbrush, it scrapes off particles and plaques in between the teeth which might cause cavity bacteria.
With the limitless benefits offered by carrots, it’s daily consumption is necessary.
6,721 total views, 3 views today